6.01.2018

Goodbye Hickory Street

I'm writing this to remember...

To remember all of the memories that were made here. To remember the love that grew and grew. To remember where we first came home as a couple and then as three. This is where we really became a family and even though we are so excited about our new adventure, we are also a little sad to say goodbye to the house on Hickory Street.

J.D. has lived in this house for five years longer than the rest of us. He bought this house in his twenties and has so much pride for all of the quaint charm that it holds. He provided me with this house after we were married and 10 months later we brought Claire home. After spending eight weeks on maternity leave I truly fell in love with this little house. It is my home. I know that it will take some adjusting once we move for the new house to feel like home but it will be perfect because we will be there together.

I love all of the little things about this home and will very much miss the beautiful wood floors and divided rooms. I love the way that all of the ivy is grown up around the backyard and we have a sort of secret garden because you can't see much beyond the fence because of the plants. I will miss Claire's beautiful nursery and J.D.'s maroon study. These rooms were bare when I moved in and they have turned in to my favorite rooms in the whole house. We have grown in our design style and blended our possessions and treasures. I think we are both much more fond of the others design taste than we were at first. I have no before pictures but our home was very bare and manly in the beginning. A definite bachelors house. Now it has pictures everywhere and art hung. It is a cozy organized place that we will truly miss.

I'm so happy to share this home for the last time and have these photos to keep and show Claire where she lived first.

No comments:

Post a Comment