7.22.2018

Claire Grace: 2 years old

Our girl is two! She has been so sweet and laid back lately. The last few months have been hard for her and she has handled all of the transition so well. I think that she is glad that we finally live at the farm and just have one place to call home. She gets to go with Grandad every evening to feed all of the animals and she is actually a good helper! I think she looks forward to that all day because she asks almost every day when we get home if it is time to feed. I love that this girl gets to spend so much time with all of grandparents every day. I think that is such a special gift.

Recently, we went with Judson to a conference in Nashville. We stopped in Memphis on the way and stayed at the Peabody Hotel downtown. Claire is ruined for life as far as hotel living goes. She now thinks that all hotels have (or should have) ducks living in them. This was such a great stop even if we had only timed it to see the ducks march but it was also a fun one night stay for Claire! We moved from the Peabody to Opryland in Nashville. There is plenty to see and do there as well. We got to have leisurely mornings while Judson was in sessions. Claire has continued talking about staying in hotels ever since we arrived home. I like that she is such a good traveler and I hope she continues to have an adventurous state of mind as she grows.

This year Claire had a farm themed birthday because she loves ALL the animals! It was a small gathering with just family and cousins and she was so excited to finally celebrate her birthday!

Things I hope to remember about Claire at two are:
-Her love for all of God's creatures
-How she randomly tells me "I love you, momma"
-How she gives kisses on your arm every once in a while
-That she LOVES broccoli
-That she still sleeps all night long even in her own bed
-Her sense of humor
-Her excitement over the twins
-Her love/excitement for her shoes
-Her favorite color is pink
-She knows several songs
-She loves Lonesome Dove

To Claire: I pray that you are always strong, sweet, and smart. I hope you always have compassion for God's creations and follow in his word. I hope you are not afraid to see the good in the world and strive to make the most of every season. You are so very loved and I am so glad that God picked me to be your mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment