11.01.2017

Goodbye, October

Oh, October, you are my favorite month. The kickoff of the festive exciting months. The time when there is a touch of crispness in the air. The month when no one can judge you any longer for all of those pumpkins on your porch or baking pumpkin pie. October is the month we get to celebrate our life together! The third was our second wedding anniversary. It's hard to believe that is has only been two years because I have a hard time remembering life before this little family of mine.


This October was a little different because in the mix of chaos with work events, a new puppy (Pearl), and wrangling Claire; Wise County was the host of NACo RAC Symposium 2017. We had elected officials from all over the United States visiting our county to discuss rural issues. It was truly a wonderful event! I'm so proud of my husband and all of the outstanding work he does for our community. He makes me strive to be a better public servant. To know him is special but to be his wife is the greatest blessing.


We have officially had Pearl for a whole month. She may end up being the death of me. She wreaks havoc on my house constantly but then she will come snuggle down in my blanket and I love her all over again. I think eventually I will probably be crazy over her but right now she just makes me crazy!




The Peach, where do I begin? This girl of ours is so smart. She counts to THREE already! She says so many words. She is constantly getting into trouble or trying to get Pearl in trouble. She is the sweetest little lady. I'm always waiting for a sweet kiss or a mischievous grin. Claire Grace is all girl! She loves wearing all of her bracelets and necklaces. She loves animals. She loves listing off all her cousin's names. Claire is 15 months old. She LOVED Halloween. She would walk up and say "treat"! She walked right up to houses not scared at all. This year her costume was the fox and the hound. She was a whimsical little fox with a wild hound dog as her sidekick. We went for a homemade costume this year and I couldn't be more proud of how well it turned out. She is still a great eater and weighed 21 pounds at her last checkup. She is a skinny little think, still wearing clothes from 6 to 12 months sizing. She still sleeps all night and loves her bath time. Claire Grace is our greatest treasure. I can't wait to hug her every afternoon.



        


    



It's officially the holidays and I sure love it! We have some busy work weeks ahead but I'm looking forward to getting some extra quality time with my sweet family.






No comments:

Post a Comment